Two flights and 16 hours later and we have made it to India! We have arrived in Delhi and been greeted by the sights, sounds, smells, and feel of India - 29 degrees (yes!), beautiful women in their brightly coloured saris, construction everywhere with the shanties for the workmen who live and work on these sites, buses that look like they will fall apart any moment, the most gorgeous kids in their school uniforms.
As we make our way to our hotel for the evening before flying to Nagpur, I feel that I will never get used to driving in India - it is best not to look ahead but just look out the window! Fear of the unknown and the concept of six months are beginning to lurke for me, but at the same time there is something wonderfully familiar about India, and I pray that God will increase my love for this amazing country and it's people. Marty and I smile to ourselves as we are reminded of what we call the 'Indian Way' - every country and culture has its own way of doing things and India is no exception.
We are again becoming accustomed to the special way of getting through queues, the endless tipping, the constant bomb checks and bag and security checks everywhere you go and lots of other unique things about India.
One more sleep and Nagpur here we come!
As we make our way to our hotel for the evening before flying to Nagpur, I feel that I will never get used to driving in India - it is best not to look ahead but just look out the window! Fear of the unknown and the concept of six months are beginning to lurke for me, but at the same time there is something wonderfully familiar about India, and I pray that God will increase my love for this amazing country and it's people. Marty and I smile to ourselves as we are reminded of what we call the 'Indian Way' - every country and culture has its own way of doing things and India is no exception.
We are again becoming accustomed to the special way of getting through queues, the endless tipping, the constant bomb checks and bag and security checks everywhere you go and lots of other unique things about India.
One more sleep and Nagpur here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment