Before I write anything else, a big apology for the blog post overload!! It’s been a busy few weeks and we’ve fallen way behind with keeping you all up to date with what we’ve been up to – so sorry for so many posts at once!!
Finally for now, I just wanted to share a few random things about winter in Nagpur….so yes, it’s summer in Aus right now, but winter over here. But it’s not ‘winter’ as we know it! The nights have been getting a bit cooler, dropping down to around 10 degrees. And the days are lovely – mid-twenties, often still reaching into the thirties. But because the summers are so, so hot here, people find this wonderful weather cold!! As we move around Nagpur, we see children wrapped up in beanies, scarves, mittens and big jackets, while Marty and I walk around in our shorts and T-shirt!! Hilarious!! Don’t get me wrong, there are parts of India that do get very, very cold – Nagpur’s just not one of them!
The other random thing I have been reflecting on is Christmas…. I'm sure that in Australia right now, you wouldn't be able to miss the fact that we are four weeks away from Christmas – sales in all the shops, decorations everywhere, constant TV commercials and special programs, junk mail and carols music on repeat!! It’s the complete opposite over here – not a hint, not a sign anywhere that Christmas is on the way! India have just celebrated Diwali, so that was the big festival here. We’re told that closer to Christmas, we will have all the celebrations, but there’s certainly not the lead up that we have.
In some ways, it’s a nice change – skipping over all the commercialism of Christmas. But in other ways, I am missing it…so think of us, and send us an e-card for Christmas!!
Nikku in her favourite beanie - donning this in 27 degrees!
These other photos are nothing to do with anything - just too cute!! Marty has a new best friend!!
3 comments:
Too cute...........
Thanks again for your great updates. I must admit I hadn't read them for a while but it was brilliant to scroll throught he photos and read the stories. May God continue to use you - still praying for you heaps!!
Super cute!!!! Love it!!!!! Have some kids already - I'll babysit anytime!!! Xxx
Post a Comment